About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Scale and Icelandic (Polish)

Round two with the Icelandic dentist. Every six months I have an appointment with the dental hygienist. This is an interesting phenomena, in which I pay £40 for the benefit of being shown how to brush my teeth. I am 26. I have been doing this largely unaided for the past 23 years, with remarkably few setbacks.

Still, £40 it was, and I was subjected to a lecture on flossing in an accent I couldn't quite place. It was a cross between the Home Counties and a branch of Ikea. A bit of scraping and quite a lot of blood later (much like Ikea), and I was free to go.

"You didn't really enjoy that, did you?" asked the woman who for the last half an hour had been alternately damaging my mouth and patronising me.

"Erm, does anyone?"

"We do get some masochists in, yes," she answered, seriously. "Some of them come every week. That is the benefit of private dentistry. You can come as often as you want."

Laura-1 : Icelandic Dentists-1

The guy from Green Wing hasn't yet been in touch with a proposal. I shall keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect he may be waiting until you learn his name at the very least, you wouldn't want to be Mr & Mrs 'the guy from Green Wing' now would you?