About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bank Holidays - a guide

There have been hotter May Bank Holidays - that's definitely true. There have probably been more exciting Bank Holidays.

But how does this sound for a pretty perfect weekend?

Friday night: London resplendent in Friday evening sunlight, circling in a small plane over Tower Bridge, the Gherkin, St Paul's and the London Eye. A few years back I paid a fortune to do this in a helicopter over New York. This was a commute back from work. Yay! Well worth the plane being delayed.

Saturday: Lie-in and lunch with friends, two of my favourite "L" words.

Sunday: A whole stack of rubbish DVDs and a lot of chocolate.

Monday: Lunch with another friend, laughing at the amusing 16-year-old May Day protesters, a giggling session at a rubbish horror DVD and yet another friend's company in the evening.

I am clearly more popular than you, and I think I have accurately shown that my life is much better. If I were you, I'd give up. I am the in-crowd.

Did you notice how I skated over the part where I sat in on Sunday all by myself? Shh. Don't tell anyone. Would-be friends may apply through the usual channels.

No comments: