About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, May 05, 2006

Walthamstow

As I write this, Tower Hamlets is still awaiting its election results. According to the local news, "Tower Hamlets is having six recounts". If they know how many need recounting, why do they have to recount them? I am feeling quite confused. Still, am suspecting Man With a Van might not emerge victorious.

I did a gig over in Walthamstow last night. The MC had already established that guy sat on the front row had a complicated life history. His wife had just left him, she'd taken the kids, and also he couldn't afford the mortgage. Still, I maintain that it was his own fault that when I asked the audience if there were any teachers in, and he put his hand up (even though he blatantly wasn't a teacher), that I said, "You're not a teacher. You're just pretending. Is that a desperate attempt to see your kids and go somewhere warm?"

Oops. Most people laughed quite a lot though. Even if there was a certain amount of weeping coming from the front row.

Jessica got me home safely, after a bit of a disagreement on the A12. Weather is stunning - hope it lasts for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Polish alleged murderer didn't make the cut then?