About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Four questions and a funeral

Questions:

  • Is it ethical to pretend to a chugger that you don't speak English, only French? Before you scream, "Of course not, you buffoon," let me remind you that these "charity muggers" are paid a wage to hassle people and often earn on commission. Given that your answer to question one is, "Yes, then, of course it is ethical. And a jolly good idea," please let me know what you should do when said chugger switches to fluent French. I tried saying, "Ou est la boulangerie?" and enquiring after Francoise, but it didn't seem entirely relevant in its context.
  • Why do old ladies take so long to unwrap boiled sweets? And do they deliberately purchase brands with extra-rustley papers?
  • Do architect undergraduates do more work than engineering undergraduates? This was debated noisily by three engineering undergrads on my train back from Redhill today. One claimed his architect friend had had a "mental breakdown" in his first year. That explains the Dome.
  • Is it OK to open the door to the gas man dressed in your pyjamas? Cause he's due round this evening and I can't be arsed to change.

So many questions. Also, sorry for the misleading title. There is no funeral in this post. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Now answer my questions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. "Chuggers". You're so gay. Pretend to be deaf. Or even better, deaf and french then you have no excuse for not knowing BSL.

2. They have arthritis in their fingers. Just you wait.

3. Studying architechure is like studying medicine, but longer and harder. I was born in Redhill, how did you like it?

4. Pyjamas is ok. Underwear is better. Nude is recommended.

Anonymous said...

I want to know why the gas man was dressed in your pyjamas!

RSN

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura

Why were in already in your pyjamas at 7 pm? Did you just not get dressed all day or did you change into PJ's straight from work?

Hazel x

Anonymous said...

Why's the gasman in your pyjamas?

Badum-tish!

David.

Anonymous said...

Pyjamas is ok. Underwear is better. Nude is recommended.

Laura in pyjamas. Very Lynda Day.

Laura in underwear. Very, um... *blushes*

Laura nude.

Ulp.

*suddenly loses power of coherent speech*

Damn my imagination...

David.

Laura said...

1. I am not gay. If I said, "The chugger is a woman and I want to shag her," that would make me gay. Good plan on the BSL though. Have a biscuit.

2. Am I bothered? Shut up with the sweet wrappers.

3. Redhill was OK. I didn't see a plaque in your honour. Will look harder next time.

4. See below.

To all those who suggested the gas man was wearing my pyjamas, how hilarious you all are. Those of you who are paying attention would know that this can't possibly be the case because Nice Kate has stolen my pyjamas. This did indeed mean I had to resort to Erica's suggestion of answering the door nude. Still, I've got free gas for the foreseeable, so that's nice.

Hazel - PJs at 7 because I'd been wearing a suit to work and just fancied slobbing out when I got home. Glad to see you're interested in the detail though. Good work.

David... Behave!

L x

Anonymous said...

This did indeed mean I had to resort to Erica's suggestion of answering the door nude. Still, I've got free gas for the foreseeable, so that's nice.

Hmm. We've got the gasman coming soon. I wonder what'd happen if I opened the door to him in the nude? I think it might be worth a shot... Free gas is free gas, after all...

David... Behave!

Oh, I am. Just...not terribly well. :o)

David.