About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, December 08, 2006

Mr Ned the stalking force

Apologies, apologies, apologies. It has been the busiest of busy weeks, though absolutely no excuse for not updating.

Exciting things this week have been Book Club (J. G. Ballard's Kingdom Come - don't bother, though our Book Club discussion was heated and engaging), plus a work do. Enforced fun has never been high on my priority list, but as I'm still fairly new to the job it was a really nice way of getting to know people better.

So... the sharper-eyed (or obsessive-checkers) amongst you may have noticed that there was a not-terribly-complimentary comment on the Plog yesterday afternoon which was gone by this morning. I did delete it - which is not something I've ever done before with someone else's comments. I may yet reproduce it in full here, depending on public demand. Shout now or forever hold your peace!

The main reason I deleted it (other than the fact that it called my poor Plog vomit-inducing - has anyone been sick as a direct result of reading this? Hmm? Hmm?) is that I think the comment is not from whom it purported to be.

It claimed to be from the guy with the glass orb at Bethnal Green last weekend. In fact, the commenter signed himself "Scruffy Twat". I don't know about you, but I think this is somewhat unlikely. Firstly, I didn't say the guy was a scruffy twat. I said he was dressed scruffily, and that he looked like a twat. I then - if you remember - self-deprecatingly (I hope) undercut my own judgement by showing how he was actually pretty normal, and how our first impressions of fellow Londoners can be wrong.

Anyway... If this were indeed from the "Scruffy Twat", do you think he spends his days Googling himself with the keywords "glass orb bethnal green twat"? I don't see how else he would stumble upon the Plog.

More likely, this is the work of Ned. (See http://laurasplog.blogspot.com/2006/07/bum-deal.html and more recently the entry on 13 November). Because I can't prove it, I won't retaliate with my favourite Ned story. But I genuinely can't think of another person who bears a grudge towards me and has put forward veiled threats of violence. Twice.

Still, where more public (and stupid) to do it than a blog with a readership of over 600? (Thanks guys!)

600 people reading this. That's a hell of a lot of vomit. Apologies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the thing about these public spaces. You do get an awful lot of nutters. Take me, for instance - I've got the milkman's head in the fridge. *And* I'm wearing odd socks.