About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Having a domestic

"So are your cleaners fully insured then?" asked I to the man at the cleaning agency. Yes, so pathetic am I that I would like someone to clean my one-bedroomed flat. Because I just can't be arsed.

"Yes," said the nice man at the cleaning agency. "Say for example, one of our cleaners had your keys and decided to come in one day with all her friends for a party, and completely trashed the place, we'd be insured for that."

"Oh. Does that happen often?" I queried.

"Hardly ever. Or say, for example, one of our girls decided to let themselves into your flat and burn it completely to the ground. You'd be covered for that too."

"Oh good," said I. "Though I have to admit, you're not really selling it to me."

"How do you mean?" asked the man. "I am the managing director."

Luckily I also have the recommendation from a friend who lives in the area. I think I might be going down that route instead.

No comments: