About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Doctor who?

I have a confession to make. I am slightly addicted to ITV3's repeats of Bramwell. For those of you who were doing something else during the late nineties, Bramwell was a drama series, based around a ficticious Victorian female doctor. She did lots of shocking things like having pre-marital sex and riding a bicycle.

I am definitely addicted to it. It is on every Wednesday at 9 p.m. SkyPlus records it for me weekly.

My favourite thing about Dr Eleanor Bramwell is that she is the Doctor of Death. Every week she makes yet another shocking mistake, leading to the untimely death of either one of her colleagues or an innocent child. Sometimes they escape lightly and just lose a limb or become vegetative as a result of her utter incompetence.

I'd say she put women's rights back a good few hundred years. Still, it's good fun to watch. I like playing, "Guess who comes a-cropper". You can usually tell within the first five minutes.

No comments: