About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Something old, something new

So, last night saw a much-anticipated event - Kath and Jon's wedding. Kath's been a close friend since school, and though we're all firmly in our late twenties now, it's still a bit of a shock whenever one of my close friends decides to get married. You feel a bit like their parents should be saying, "Don't be ridiculous. Now get upstairs and tidy your room." But they didn't. And off to Birmingham for the wedding we went.

Prior to the wedding, I took my little old car for one last drive. I will try and add some photos, but I'm not having much luck. Ooh. There we go.













There was a sad moment when I came downstairs later that morning and heard Mrs Nunn on the phone, asking the scrap dealer how much they'd pay for it. £60. Poor little car. If anyone fancies a most excellent Vauxhall Astra, £100 with tax until March and can pick it up from Loughborough, let me know. I would like it to go to a good home with little girls who'll love it and bring it carrots.
Anyway, onto the wedding. It was a lovely day - Kath looked beautiful, and it was so nice to see my schoolfriends again. I'm getting into this photo thing now:




From left to right, me, Sarah, Katy (who smells of wee), Kath (she's the one in the wedding dress), Karen, Helen, Erica and Hazel.
We all looked gorgeous apart from Kath, who absolutely minged. I told her that several times during the evening, and she shot me several of her "die Laura" looks, which were patented during A-level History.


Here is another photo for you.




Again, left to right, Sarah, Hazel, Karen, Katy (who smells of wee and whose big ugly face is thankfully partially obscured), me, Helen and Erica.
And below you can see us doing the Macarena. Has to be done at a wedding. It is a law. You can see by Helen's face how seriously she is taking the proceedings. Well, maybe you can't. I can zoom in on my thingy. Trust me. She looks very serious.
Anyway, a lovely evening was had by all.
Do not ask me for any more photos. I have quite, quite spoiled you. Go out to your New Year's parties and have a fantastic time.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was more a look of "I'm so disgusted with myself for doing this, I must go and kill myself now. Why oh why did I get on the dance floor" As opposed to Laura who is obviously posing for the camera and hoping she gets selected for the Macarena World Championships!! ;-)

Laura said...

Macarena World Championships! Do you reckon they have them? Because that would be super-cool.

Sorry, must go. Macarena practice is now my number one priority.

Hey, Macarena!

L x