About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 adventures

Well, I partied hard on New Year's Eve. Oh yes, those of you who know me well will be unsurprised to learn that by 11 p.m. I was utterly hammered, by midnight I was the life and soul of the party, and by 5 a.m. I was dancing on tables. I woke up two days later in the South of France, dressed in native Estonian clothes, and had to hitch-hike all the way back*.

It was back to work today... I think the thing I shall miss most about the break is the Mrs Nunn-isms. Some of my favourites over the last week or so:

- "You can't sell the car on Ebay. Don't be ridiculous. How would you post it?"
- "Of course I know what MP3s are. I'm not an idiot. They're very small discs. Like mini CDs."

Ah well, the parties are over, and it's back to Proper Work from now on.

* This might be a lie. I might be trying to cover up the fact that a) I'm pretty much teetotal and b) I was fast asleep by 10.30 p.m. Shut up, I was tired. The fireworks woke me briefly at midnight, so it still counts. Shut up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fireworks woke me briefly at midnight...

I'm not bl**dy surprised. There were enough of them. My family (watching on TV) came to the conclusion that were a terrorist to decide to blow up the houses of parliament, that would have been the ideal opportunity...

:o)

David.

Anonymous said...

im sure mum came out with another gem, what was it!?
BJ