About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy slapping

"I really hate Jeremy Clarkson," said Mrs Nunn. "He really annoys me. I want to slap his silly face. He's so arrogant."

Mrs Nunn has a range of people whose "silly faces" she'd like to slap. These include Anneka Rice and "that girl off Desperate Housewives that plays Teri Hatcher's daughter. Ooh she's got a face I'd like to slap". Anyway, back to Jeremy Clarkson's arrogance:

"That's part of his persona," Mr Nunn argued.

"Well, he winds me right up," Mrs Nunn countered. "I can't even bear to watch University Challenge."

"That's not Jeremy Clarkson, that's Jeremy Paxman. He does Newsnight. Jeremy Clarkson is the one who does cars."

"Are they not the same person then?" asked Mrs Nunn.

"No. That's why they have different names. And different faces." Fair point, Mr Nunn.

But watch out, Messieurs Clarkson and Paxman - my mum doesn't like you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh
Virtually the same thing happened with me and my mother.
It's 1991 and Sampdoria were playing Cagliari on Channel 4.
Two players were commented on, say Gianluca Vialli and Gianluca Festa and she asked if they were brothers!