About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Customer dis-service

I had dinner with some friends this evening. We started talking about poor experiences of customer service. So far the list of companies we actively hate include:

Tiscali (worst customer service I've ever experienced. Ever.)
SeaFrance
London Underground
Chiltern Railways
Thames Water
BT
Carphone Warehouse
Orange
Pretty much any mobile phone company
London Electricity
British Gas
Royal Mail
Moben Kitchens
Argos
Nationwide
Some American stockbroker who called Ted and wouldn't shut up

I think this proves a) how boringly grown up we all are and b) illustrates how difficult our lives would be if we actively boycotted everyone who gave us crap customer service. I would find myself unable to travel anywhere, or phone anyone to help. I would have no water, electricity or gas. I wouldn't be able to send a letter to anyone, or even abscond to France. Yes, life would be hard.

No comments: