About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Noisy bird

"I love you." Three little words that every girl loves to hear. Unless, of course, it's three o'clock in the morning, and the words are coming from your neighbour's parrot down the corridor. Once the phrase is repeated for the fourteenth time, those special words kind of lose their appeal.

"I love you," squawked the parrot.

I rolled over and tried to ignore it.

"I love you," continued the bird. Clearly the owner was also getting slightly frustrated too.

"Shut up, Chloe," shouted the bloke who owned the parrot. Chloe seemed an unlikely name for a parrot, but at three in the morning, faced with an over-emotional parrot, it didn't seem like a suitable time to question.

"I love you," insisted Chloe.

The owner had had enough. At 3.07 this morning, the following line from the parrot's owner made me laugh out loud:

"Shut up or I'll pull your tail."

Genius.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you absolutely SURE it was a parrot?
Hazel x