About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, January 05, 2007

Beating around the bush

I'm just going to come out and say it. Earlier today I remembered I needed to make a bikini line appointment for tomorrow. Now, I was at work, which made this a bit trickier, but I had my personal mobile phone with me and I'm able to talk quietly. The situation wasn't ideal, but it was workable. Of course, I forgot that everyone else in the world is utterly incompetent.

"Hello, Incompetent Beauticians," answered a bright-sounding thick girl.

"Hello," I said very quietly. "I'd like to make an appointment tomorrow for a bikini line wax."

"Tomorrow is that?"

"Yes," said I. This was easy.

"Sorry, what's that for tomorrow?"

I whispered, whilst pretending not to, "A bikini line wax."

"For tomorrow... How's 11.30?" she asked.

"Great," I said. Piece of piss.

"Sorry, was that for your eyebrows, did you say?" asked the incompetent beautician.

"No, my bikini line," I - let's be honest - shouted.

At least I was spared all those, "What are you doing this weekend?" questions from my colleagues. I think they have a pretty clear idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey

How'd it go?

xx