About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Credit where credit's due

Deep joy. I have fraud on my credit card, yet again. I think this is the third time. Once it happened about a year ago when my bag was stolen in Covent Garden, but twice it's happened without me ever losing sight of my card. This person has spent five thousand US dollars on a deposit for a car. And also £28 on cinema tickets in Swansea.

I feel this sense of emptiness and total desperation. Not because of the fraud - the bank of course will cover it fully as I'm not at fault. The reason I'm so pissed off is whoever has my credit card number is having a lot more fun with it than I ever do. For me a couple of trips to Ikea and the occasional splurge at Waterstones is about as good as it gets.

Bastards.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why my credit card bill is so high. I'm going to check it thoroughly!
H xx

Anonymous said...

An evening in Waterstones is far more pleasant than going to the cinema in Swansea.

Anonymous said...

I just saw a Friends episode like this. You ARE Monica...

Laura said...

Or more likely, that bitch Monica has decided to have some fun on my card.

I never trusted her. I never trust anyone tidy. Fictional or otherwise.

L x