About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, December 23, 2006

J'ai bavardé

Today has been the loveliest of lovely days. I spent this morning in my home town. In fact, part of this morning, I spent in the precinct in Loughborough chatting to a bone fide music celebrity. I had absolutely no idea who he was (even when my little brother sang bits of his songs to me), but if anyone who doesn't only listen to Radio 2 is reading this - does Basement Jaxx ring any bells? I'm dead celeb me.

More excitingly than that (considering I know nothing about music), I saw lovely Hazel! We had lovely lunch and caught up on more gossip than you could throw at a medium-sized hedge. I also saw Hazel's lovely mum, whom I'd not seen for ages, because Hazel has rudely decided to live in New Zealand.

After saying adieu to Hazel, I zipped over to Coalville, famed for "Coalville family incest"; I saw my friend and ex-colleague, Liz, who I've not seen for a good two years. She gave me even more gossip about people I used to work with. In fact, I have so much gossip buzzing around my head now, I could fall over at any point. It's a very dangerous situation to be in, especially with Christmas so close. Just last year there were three fatalities in East Yorkshire, when three old ladies dropped dead from an apparent gossip overdose.

I shall have to be careful.

1 comment:

Sara said...

If you have any fun L'boro gossip that I would relate to, make sure you send some my way. My mum has decided to throw away half the gossip-filled xmas letters she received from the old neighbours, before I had chance to sneak over and read them all!!! Doesn't she know that's half the reason I come over!!! Almost ruined my xmas!