About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Step up the ladder

I'm in sunny Southend at the moment. And for once, it really is sunny. Not that I'd know, as I've spent most of the last twelve hours in a windowless training room, artificially chilled to minus six degrees.

My hotel room, on the other hand, is 35 degrees and smells slightly of sewage. It reminds me of family holidays. Not that my family smell of sewage. Well, they do a bit.

Anyway, last night I went to the local Tesco (I know it sounds like I'm just rubbing in how much better my life is than yours. I'm sorry. I can't help it; it genuinely is glamour, glamour, glamour.). I noticed that Tesco is currently advertising vacancies. Not that I'm looking for a new job, but in case any of you guys are. That's the kind of nice person I am.

Anyway, one of the jobs did catch my eye. It's in the clothing department, and the job title is "Children's Hanging". Fantastic! Not often you get the opportunity to enforce capital punishment on minors... and get paid for it! For those of you a bit squeamish about putting kids in nooses (neece?), letting them drop and snapping their puny necks, you'll be pleased to know that there's also a vacancy for "Adult Hanging".

Tesco. Every little helps.

2 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

Laura - you should definitely ring up and request an application form and say you're really interested in hanging children...do you supply them or do you have to bring your own...?
If it's BYO only, sounds like Karen is volunteering one for you.

Laura said...

The thing I'm most confuzzled about is that Karen has a niece... And she's an only child.

Hanging it, on the other hand, sounds perfectly reasonable.