About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Return of the Social Life

Hooray! My friend Lee came round last night, so I can say I did something with my weekend. Otherwise the highlight might have consisted entirely of going to the library in Bethnal Green and getting another missed call from my stalker Natalie. I don't want to talk about it.

Funny things do tend to happen to me. That's one of the reasons I started this Plog - to capture them. But then I worry that in fact the Plog encourages the fates in their madness. Since starting this, only a few months back, the following has happened:

  • A lift home with the Bomb Squad
  • A singalong to Les Mis with a Geordie taxi driver
  • Strange encounters with sneezy / burpy Chinese people
  • Moisturised ferrets. Nuff said.
  • A lesbian experience with a wrong number
  • Accidental dogging on at least two occasions
  • A dead dentist

Luckily, last night was pretty normal. For me. There was no Bomb Squad, Geordies, sneezing, burping, lesbians, dogging, dentists, Chinese people or ferrets.

Thinking about it, Lee's no fun at all.

2 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

What's dogging?

I drove through a town called Stalker on my solo 6 hour drive back from Queenstown. It made me smile and think of you. Next time your bored you can revert back to your old tricks?

Laura said...

Hazel, Hazel, Hazel. Luckily you made me laugh enough almost not to point out you used the wrong type of "you're". Go away and think about what you've done.

:o)

Dogging is... going to a pre-arranged site to either watch or be watched doing the do. Erica knows all about it. She can tell you where the best sites in Loughborough are.

A town called Stalker sounds too, too tempting.

L x