About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Christ in a taxi

Can anyone explain to me the purpose of Christian radio stations? My taxi driver this morning was listening to Christian radio ("Packed with even more of your favourite hymns"). I just don't get it. I can just about get my head around being Christian but can't really see where any aspect of debate or variety comes in.

"So, what you're saying, Reverend Green is that you think Christ is good? Isn't that something of a controversial view?"

"Well, no Jeremy. I think acceptance of Christ's essential goodness is fundamental to being a Christian."

"You've got a point there, Reverend. Riveting stuff. We're going to play a hymn now, but stay with us, as we've got a very special guest after the break. Reverend Black will be telling us his opinions on how Christ means love. Groundbreaking."

2 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

You're never satisfied mate - taxi drivers nationally are doing their best to find something that you DO like and they just can't win.

They've tried a bit of 'culture' in Les miserables sing-alongs, they've tried talking about (maybe) their holidays - even putting on siilly accents for your entertainment and now they try Christian radio.

What is it that you DO want from a taxi driver?

ps. why were you clenching your buttock muscles during the Les Mis sing-along?

Anonymous said...

I can answer that...it was to stop the excrement shooting out in excitement