About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Small kids and monkeys and frozen 'sparagus

A small child ambushed me in a shop on Saturday, making monkey noises and dancing a small furry monkey up and down me. As the weather was nice, I refrained from another ugly murder.

I did lots of my favourite things - eating, reading and writing.

I learned that you can't freeze asparagus. Well, you can, obviously. You can put it in the freezer, and it gets cold. Indeed, it freezes. But it tastes rubbish when you defrost it. It goes all soggy and limp, and looks a little bit obscene.

So I made a very poor risotto yesterday evening, with ingredients mostly including rice and cream. So in fact, I made - more or less - a salty rice pudding. Which also sounds a bit obscene.

It was a nice weekend and my friend is back from his dangerous thing, and is full of hair-raising tales. Hope the weather lasts and I don't break it this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/frontrow/

THIRTY GRAND!! He spent THIRTY GRAND getting Joking Apart released!!!!! Even you wouldn't do that! He's never going to get it back, is he?

Laura said...

Even me? What do you mean even me? Are you suggesting I'm some kind of obsessive? Just because I did get my dad to go to the website and play the Steven Moffat interview down the phone to me last night.

He might get his money back, and then they can release series 2.

Who are you? I'm intrigued you know about my viewing habits when I've been so careful not to mention them so that I seem normal in public...