About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, July 14, 2006

Tea-sing

Batten down the hatches, order in 12 pints of milk and a catering-sized box of PG Tips. Mrs Nunn is coming to visit.

Oh yes, any minute now my mum is due to arrive. She does have certain special needs, requiring constant hydration and has been known to boil the kettle for the next cup of tea whilst she still has the previous one in her hands. Also she redefines "tea". Whilst my dad and I like tea strong enough to trot a mouse on, my mum likes the tea-bag waved vaguely over a cup of hot water... and then adds an entire cow of milk.

Had I not been treated to photographs of the birth (mercifully in black and white. My younger brother got the technicolour version), I'd doubt we were related.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for the b&w and colour - technology had moved on!

RSN

Sara said...

Tell your mum I said Hi!

I'm a strong tea fan myself. You should taste the crap they call tea over here. Requests for the importation of "real" English tea is often a necessity when UK guests come to visit. Along with the need for cadbury's and wine gums of course!

~ Sara

AH NZ Adventure said...

What is it about Mums and tea?
I actually got mine to decline a cup of tea. It took quite few mugs (the really large ones), but finally Mum said "I better not thanks"!!! when offerend ANOTHER cup of tea. I don't think I've ever managed to sate her with tea before, so quite a sense of achievement!!