About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back to the weekend: Edinburgh 4, 5 & 6

I will wrap up the rest of Sunday's Festival Extravaganza in one entry. I'm considerate like that. And I'm saving myself for reporting on Saturday - Nice Kate's day. It was theatre. There is commenting to be done. There were clowns. I can't say any more just yet.

Anyway.

Apparently Festival time runs four hours behind normal time. So midday on Sunday, when we saw our first show, was apparently like seeing a show at 8 in the morning. This partly explains why it was called The Early Edition (morning version of The Late Edition). I was coaxed into booking it by the promise of free coffee and doughnuts. And it was good, as were the refreshments. Marcus Brigstocke and co, commenting on the day's papers. I was glad of their coaxing.

We sat outside and had a drink. We did a survey for a man from a Swiss university who told me I was using a special Bluetooth pen and magic paper. (He might not have used the word magic.) The pen automatically recorded and transmitted the data as I was entering it. How cool is that? Or he could have been a pathalogical liar. He told Nice Kate and me that he wanted to be an investment banker when he grew up. Nice Kate said he should be a motorcycle stuntman, and I urged him to consider trapeze artistry. He left shortly after that.

3 p.m. saw my friend James Sherwood's show, I know what you did last Sunday, which both Nice Kate and I really enjoyed. Although she did laugh like a naughty schoolgirl every time he said the word "cock". Some people would say Nice Kate has a problem. I wouldn't be so cruel.

5 p.m. saw my other friend Kevin Shepherd's Comics die in hot cars - video footage of Kevin driving comics to gigs, edited together to make a rather nice show. I really enjoyed it, as, in addition to it being very funny, I knew the vast majority of people in the footage. There were no "cock" words to make Nice Kate laugh, but I think she enjoyed it too. At least she didn't pinch me. I think I might be in an abusive friendship.

And then, in the evening, we saw Richard Herring's show, as already discussed yesterday. I can't remember now why I thought it would be a good idea to work backwards. But I will talk about Saturday tomorrow. And Friday on Thurdsay. Or maybe on Friday. My head hurts.

No comments: