About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fun for all the family

There are some games you should never play with your parents. As I found out last night, one of these games is Shag, Marry or Push off a Cliff.

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, three candidates are selected by Player One - i.e. Hugh Grant, Colin Firth and Brad Pitt. Player Two must then decide which one to shag, which one to marry, and which to push over the cliff. (Easy peasy - marry Colin, shag Hugh, Brad goes over the cliff.)

It wasn't a complete success. It started with:

Mrs Nunn: I thought Jeremy Clarkson and Jeremy Paxman were the same person.

Mr Nunn: No. That's why they have different names.

Mrs Nunn: But they have the same face.

Oh dear. And there are also some lines you should never have to hear your parents say.

Mr Nunn: I suppose Gwyneth would go over the cliff. I don't really want to marry Aniston, because she smokes like a chimney. But I'd definitely give Angelina Jolie one.

Mrs Nunn: OK, Laura - shag, marry or push off a cliff... (She then goes on to name three of my close friends and then says, "So have you actually shagged any of them?")

There are some games you should never play with your parents.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yep, that's definitely the sort of thing my mum asks me!!! Do they really think we're going to turn around and say, "Yes mum, shagged them all, I'm quite the slut!" (I mean, even if it is true - which most of the time it isn't). Mums will find any way to nosey into your personal life, even through supposedly innocent games. Although, I think in your case it was certainly a poor game choice! Sounds like a fun drunk game at the bar though :)

Laura said...

That's exactly what I did say, actually, "You know me, Mum. I'm a dirty bitch."

That shut her up for at least six seconds. Maybe seven.

L x

Anonymous said...

That whole thing about not wanting to hear your dad say something....it applies to reading it too...


Brother Jack