About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ozymandi-brush

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Oh yes, this weekend has seen something not entirely short of miraculous happening. I have launched the all-new DIY Laura. For those of you who know me even a tiny little bit, the thought of putting the letters DIY, next to the name "Laura" without a negative and without the world's most sarcastic voice, seems rather on the reckless side. This is the girl whose high school design teacher actually begged her to drop the subject when choosing GCSE options.

At Nice Kate's flat last weekend, I was introduced to the miracle of vacuum storage. Clever little bags that you can stuff duvets into and then suck all the air out of, making everything teeny tiny. I went and bought more of these bags than is entirely sensible, and spent a lot of Thursday evening sucking the air out of stuff. It was cool.

On Friday, I scrubbed some mould off my bathroom ceiling (no-one can say I don't live a glamorous life), and on Saturday I prepared to paint my bathroom. By myself. The reason I "prepared" to paint the bathroom is simple - preparing stuff is the best bit. Putting on my painting trousers and painting t-shirt and going to the local shop for brushes and more masking tape made me feel like a proper working girl. Well, not in that way, obviously. I'm not sure paint-covered hookers get that much custom. Though you never know. Men are weird.

Yesterday I emulsioned all the wood in my bathroom, and this morning I glossed the door. By myself. I even worked out that it would be better to paint the top of the door first, because if I did the bottom first, the chair I was using to reach the top would get paint on it, when it touched the door. This is a massive step forward in common sense for me.

I think I deserve a biscuit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice title! So are you fitting that internal door next?!!
RSN