About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, August 04, 2006

On my hire horse

OK... the hire car company cannot deliver my hire car on Sunday (from when I'm renting it and thus legally allowed to drive it), so they're delivering it tonight instead.

Fine. So long as they deliver it after 5, as there are parking restrictions where I live until this time. I mentioned this to the (rude) guy at Enterprise Car Rentals. He said they couldn't deliver it after 5, and the car would be with me by 3. I said that was OK, but they'd have to take the risk that it might possibly be clamped or towed.

He said, no, that was my responsibility. I said it was not, it was Enterprise's responsibility because:

a) it would be them who were physically parking the car somewhere illegal and I wasn't legally allowed to move it until Sunday

and

b) they were delivering it at their convenience - I don't need or want the car for another two days.

Once I'd lied and told him I was a lawyer, he then refused to deliver the car altogether, and I had to spend the next two minutes backtracking.

Anyone want to give a legal opinion on this?

(PS I've never actually seen anyone clamped or towed from where I live, but it's the principle of the thing. Maybe I was just in the mood for a row.)

No comments: