About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Only boring people...

I am a very busy person. Busier than a hamster in a spin-dryer. Generally very busy. When I'm not travelling with work, I'm out doing gigs. When I'm not doing gigs, I catch up with friends. When I'm doing neither, I'm at the theatre or catching up on my SkyPlus.

But this week it's all gone a bit pear-shaped. It was supposed to be a busy week. They're all supposed to be busy weeks. I was supposed to be driving up to Harrogate on Sunday (no doubt having another nosebleed on their carpet), and supposed to be hurtling back to London for dinner on Tuesday with some friends. But I cancelled the Harrogate trip, and someone else cancelled the dinner... and suddenly not only was Sunday night free, but also Monday, Tuesday and - get this - Wednesday night.

I am like a time millionaire, gleeful in my hoarding of hours.

So, Sunday night I watched some dire TV I'd SkyPlussed, last night my friend Lee came over for a chilled out coffee and chat... and tonight, I'm planning nothing.

Of course, I do have to swot up on The Catcher in the Rye for Thursday's book club. Gotta win.

I'm loving having this much time to myself. I honestly am. I'm not bored at all. Well, maybe a tiny bit. Anyone free tonight? Fancy doing something?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody's fooled by your casual display of nonchalance. We know perfectly well you've got Steven Moffat tied up and gaffa taped and locked in your cupboard.

Anonymous said...

Surely gaffa tape would hurt the poor guy. And you don't want to hurt your heroes when you've abducted them, 'cos they get all cross and get court orders to say you're not allowed within 5 miles of them.

So I'm told...

;oÞ

David.

Anonymous said...

Free tonight? I'm not doing anything particularly noteworthy. Well...just my kidney transplant. But they can mail that to me.

Seriously, if you're at a spectacularly loose end, give me a shout.

David.

Laura said...

Anonymous... he'd be no use to me tied up, would he? Well... actually, thinking about it...

:o)

Thanks for the offer, David. Actually though, I really do need to read "The Catcher in the Rye" (again) for book club. Not started it yet, and have to be the best for Thursday!