About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, August 11, 2006

Driving passion

I feel so ashamed. I'm normally such a loyal person. I'll just come out and say it: I've been having an affair. I've been cheating.

With a Vauxhall Corsa.

As my little Astra was being mended, I had to hire a car so I could get to Harrogate for work. It was only a 1.2, and my Astra is a 1.4, so I imagined I'd find the hire car a bit sluggish. Not so. We fell in love with each other. We zipped along the motorway, we did some town driving. I played with its buttons (particularly the air conditioning). We had an amazing time.

Then, when I went to pick up my Astra and had to drive the hire car past it, the guilt just hit me. My Astra and I have been through so much together, and here was I, parading a brand new car (with only 600 miles on the clock) in front of its little bonnet. I am a shallow person.

Realising the error of my ways, I took the Astra out for a spin. Though, I have to admit, it didn't feel as good as it used to. Not now I'd tasted the forbidden fruit.

It is lovely to have my own car back... but I did catch myself making enquiries into buying a new Corsa earlier on. Don't tell the Astra. Though I think it might suspect.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hullo there! Good to finally meet you yesterday. And indeed to find your blog. Sorry, plog.

That Bath House, Dean Street gig on the 26th - what time is it, and is that Dean Street in Soho? If so, I might try and make it along to that. Might try to bring m'lady too (although she's not really a terribly keen comedy person - I mean, even my jokes don't make her laugh... :o( )

See you later,

David.

Anonymous said...

And oh yes...for punctuation pedants everywhere - the $2.13 million comma...

(ISTR saying I'd send that one to you.)


David.

Laura said...

It is indeed Dean Street in Soho - nearest tube is probably Tottenham Court Road. Gig starts at 8.45, but it gets pretty busy on a Saturday, so would recommend getting there no later than 8.15.

If your girlfriend doesn't like comedy, or is easily shocked, it may not be the best night out for her.

Luckily "Mary Poppins" is on just down the road. :o)

Anonymous said...

Why laura, i would have though Avenue Q would be much more apt, i hear the puppetry is just divine

Jack