About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Santa Secrecy

Secret. Fucking. Santa.

Excuse the language, but really, I hate it. Those of you who know me will already be aware that Christmas is not my favourite time of year. I loathe Christmas songs, despise cold weather, don't like parsnips, and - in a very non-girly way - I don't actually enjoy shopping. At all.

But Secret Santa really takes the biscuit. I've been in my new job for less than a month, and the only information I know about the colleague whose name I drew randomly is - wait for it - he's fat. Not exactly a personality trait.

Still, this year, my Secret Santa will literally be taking the biscuit. Because as being fat is the only hobby of his that I know about, a tin of biscuits seems to fulfil that rather nicely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, me too.
You've reminded me that I am especially horrible around xmas-time but extra-nice the rest of the year round to compensate.

Merry fucking xmas

Laura said...

I have a confession. I hate New Year's Eve even more.

L x

Sara said...

But I thought you loved Christmas songs... don't you remember going caroling around our old neighbourhood... those poor people! I think your mum organised that.

Laura said...

Hmm, maybe that's why I hate Christmas...

L x