About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Half baked

Overheard in Sainsbury's in Whitechapel last night (30-something man to shop assistant):

"Hi. Hoping you can help me. Can you tell me where the eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit juice and things are, please?"

Bless. I reckon this was the first time he was allowed out without his other half. Had I been the shop assistant, I'd have been very tempted to reply, "They're in the Breakfast Aisle. Just between the Lunch Aisle and the Elevensies Aisle. If you see the toasted teacakes, you've gone too far."

Luckily for him, Sainsbury's doesn't employ anyone as sarcastic as me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He could have been newly single. You should have been in there. Take the opportunities where you can. No wonder you're not married.

Plus, you also like eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit juice and things, as evidenced by your Atkins style of eating. And he's local! What more could you ask for?!

Anonymous said...

Ha! They SHOULD arrange supermarkets like that. Laura, I'll buy a supermarket - you organise it for me...ok?!
H xx