About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Magpie Girl

Today will henceforth be known as the Saturday of Shiny Things.

There is a rubbish company, called nicepc.co.uk who are not nice at all, neither do they appear to have any PCs for sale. This appears, at the very least, to be in violation of the Trades Description Act. After phoning them at least three times last week to check my laptop would be delivered on Saturday, they phoned me at 4 p.m. on Friday afternoon to say that they had no more stock. Of anything.

Wankers.

Anyway, undeterred, I purchased a laptop from Curry's this afternoon. Curry's are also bastards, but to be honest, I'm running out of shops that I'm not actively boycotting. So far (from memory) I have the Carphone Warehouse (Billy in particular is a fuckwit), Curry's, Dixons, BT, Tiscali, Thames Water (OK, not technically able to boycott, but fairly pissed off with them), Chiltern Railways, Midland Mainline, First Great Western, Nationwide... in short, pretty much everyone I've ever had a product or service from. Oh, and every plumber in the world.

I digress. Shiny laptop is mine.

And this afternoon I also test-drove a shiny new Corsa. Liked it a lot. Have made my mind up on the car front, and any day now, I shall be ordering myself the shiniest of shiny new cars.

And lo, as the prophets foretold, Shiny Saturday came to pass. And they were sore afraid.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I still use them, but they're unfailingly rude and / or unhelpful whenever I do have to speak to them.

Once they cut me off by mistake and took a week and a half to put the line back - no apology.

Grr.

Anonymous said...

I had my hair cut recently - so I now have an even shinier head -does that count?

RSN