About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, April 27, 2007

Plugging on the Plog


I don't normally do this. And I won't do it again. Well, I probably will, but at the very least I'll try and disguise it a bit better.


Today's Plog is in aid of a gig I'm doing next week. The Backyard Comedy Club in Bethnal Green very much inspired my love of comedy, and indeed it was through going to this fantastic venue practically every weekend a few years back that finally encouraged me to try out stand-up for the first time. It truly is undoubtedly the best comedy club in London. In my opinion, obviously. And the people that run it are lovely too.


So it is not without a small amount of excitement that I can tell you that I'm helping to organise a new night at the Backyard, for up-and-coming acts, along with more famous names who'll be trying out their new material. And I, Ms Laura Nunn of Tower Hamlets, will be taking to the stage on Wednesday 2 May.


This is also the date my new kitchen is supposedly being delivered, should you be interested.


I do not wish you to come to see the kitchen being delivered, but part of promoting a new night is making sure we've built an audience. So, if you find yourself anywhere near London next Wednesday, come and support live comedy. You will see me trotting out the same old shit, plus maybe one new joke about Muslims. It's not offensive though. Promise. Plus all the other comics will be good*.


Hope to see you on Wednesday. Unless you're stalking me, in which case observing the kitchen delivery probably suits your shady and covert lifestyle a bit better.


*Not in a moral sense. In fact several of them are very definitely bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you've managed to revivify Jim Morrison in time to get the Doors on at seven - good warm-up band choice!
Break a leg -or build a kitchen -whichever!

RSN