About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, April 30, 2007

The customer is always... moaning

I think I am a reasonable human being. I have lots of friends (which I am led to believe is a good sign) and there are very few people in the world whom I actively dislike. But for some reason, I seem to suffer the world's worst customer service pretty much anywhere I go.

I currently have outstanding disputes (as in they're not resolved, as opposed to being fantastic) with the following companies:

- British Gas (Electricity)
- British Gas (Gas)
- Homebase (New kitchen)
- Sky (Lying bastards)
- BT (Also lying bastards)
- Thames Water (So bad that OFWAT is now dealing with it)
- Nationwide (Beyond a joke)
- 3 Mobile ("I am sorry that your mobile doesn't work. If you return it to the shop, we'll send it back to you within three days with its memory wiped. Yes, I know you've only had it for three weeks. You can't have a new one. Go away now.")

I suppose there are two possibilities. Either I am genuinely unlucky when it comes to matters of service, and things run very smoothly for everyone else in the world, or perhaps I just moan more than the average person.

I like to think it's the former. Anyone who disagrees with me will be added to the above list.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Unfortunately I also suffer from receiving poor customer service, and I also maon about it quite freely. So customer service issues are not limited to the UK... America (supposedly the home of customer service/satisfaction) is in fact crap!

Judeski said...

Can you add Boots to your list? Their assistants have the unique ability to file their nails, have a full conversation and perform your transaction while also managing to completely ignore you and not say a single word in your direction the whole time. I have NEVER had decent service in any of their branches...

Orange need adding - they are fobbing, lying bastards (nothing to do with us, the problem is your friend's network)

As do Royal Mail and Parcelfarce, thanks to whom combined I have lost an expensive guitar they were supposed to be delivering, and received numerous packages weeks/months late and/or bashed and smashed to smithereens.

Oh, and Central trains. Last train out of Stansted Airport to the East of England at 8pm? And you cancel it, along with all the other dozens of trains you cannot manage to run?

And GNER. Pretty much the same reasons...last train out of London to the North at 9pm - what???