About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cunning linguist

Easter at the Nunn house. This can be anything from everyone gathered round the piano singing excerpts from Vivaldi's Gloria to a swear-word inventing match (we all quite like "cuntybollocks"), to today's challenge: write a pantoum.

A pantoum is a poem composed of quatrains, that has various lines repeated throughout. It's quite complicated (and dull) to talk about, so here is a lovely website, where you can fill your little boots with pantoumisms. http://www.baymoon.com/~ariadne/form/pantoum.htm

The Nunn house wavers between sublime and ridiculous, generally favouring the latter. I was the only one actually to write a pantoum; in fact I wrote two. Therefore, I win and should get all of the chocolate tomorrow. They should be the rules. And if they aren't, I'll be sulking.

Tomorrow's challenge involves trying to get the word "buttflick" into Sunday dinner with some straight-laced family friends.

No comments: