About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, April 20, 2007

Summer in the city

The weather is warm! The Chrysler Building is sparkling! The Empire State Building is... tall. It's much easier to love a place when the weather's good. I will try not to get annoyed that the climate change happened a day before I leave.

So, amongst other stuff, today I went to sit in Central Park for a bit - up to the West side which I hadn't previously been to. The subway still annoys / confuses me, but I tend to get to where I need to be... eventually. So I went and sat near Strawberry Fields (the John Lennon memorial, near to where he was shot), found myself a magnolia tree and basked in the sunshine, like a big basking thing.

People carry their poodles. A dog that can't walk for itself does not deserve the gift of life. This does not apply to disabled people. Well, probably some of them, but I don't think we can be generic about it. I'll change the subject.

Those of you interested in stalking me can check out new photos uploaded to http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2093145757. One thing I would like to say. ONE thing.

About two weeks ago, I shed my blonde tresses and went back to being brunette. And not a single arsing person has sodding well noticed. Not anyone at work, none of my friends have commented (with the exception of lovely Cat, who I'd not even seen for two years)... do you guys just not look at me or what? Right, I'm going into work topless when I get back. See if at the very least I can raise an eyebrow...

Well, raise something anyway.

So tomorrow is my last day in the city. I have to check out of my hotel room at midday and am planning on doing as many typically NYC things as possible prior to this. If you have any suggestions, please do make them before midday UK time tomorrow. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- Up the Empire State Building (just a few blocks from here)
- Coffee and doughnuts for breakfast
- Manicure at a nail bar
- Hot dog from a street vendor

Anything else you can think of (for preferably not a huge amount of money)? I will try and meet all challenges.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not the hotdog from the street vendor!! Well buy it by all means - but don't eat it! Glad the weather is better...!
RSN

Anonymous said...

And yes, that is a lot of smoked salmon. Just be glad it is not baloney! Good to see the sun and blue sky too.
RSN

Anonymous said...

ooo i know, hand job from a tramp