About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, April 09, 2007

Face-off

My little brother warned me this would happen. I scoffed. I am good at scoffing. It's a special gift for older sisters, just like new mothers get the automatic gift of "I told you so".

Jack warned me this would happen, and I scoffed. And now I must eat my words. For I, Laura Nunn, have a worrying addiction to Facebook.

I joined a few months ago, not really understanding its purpose (surely Friends Reunited is far better for subtle spying on people who weren't really your friends in the first place?), but with too much spare time on my hands with the Bank Holiday, I have Facebooked myself silly. I have updated my favourite novels, popped in a favourite quotation or two, and have now even linked my Plog to my Facebook page. Genius.

Only thing is, everyone else on Facebook is about five years younger than me. So I only have eleven friends. And two of them are really my little brother's friends rather than mine.

So if you know me, no matter how tenuously, please go to www.facebook.com and try and make me more popular than my brother. Thanks.

Oh also, Jack has tagged (see, I know all the lingo) some hugely embarrassing photos of me, and I've no idea how to get rid of them, so if anyone knows (or just wants an incentive to laugh at my ungainly posturing) then pop along and help me out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently found Facebook. Not entirely sure what it's for as no one I know in real life is on there (other than Bigsy, and he doesn't count)- but I have one. I'm here, so come and flirt with me.

Sara said...

Oh I wish Facebook wasn't blocked at work so that I can check out the embarrassing pictures right now! Seems blogspot is the only thing my company hasn't blocked.

I normally end up posting my own embarrassing pictures, without my brother's help!

I'm completely addicted to Myspace, so I know what you mean.

Laura said...

Luckily both Myspace and Facebook are blocked from work. But the Bank Holiday means I can Facebook until I'm blue in the face.

Not literally. That would be weird.

L x

Anonymous said...

i am quite happy to admit, without any shame, that facebook has changed my life for the better

fact

now laura, the first step is admitting you have a problem, so well done. now join the rest of us in the hell facebook rehab

Brother Jack