About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Souper

I am a buy-one-get-one-free slag.

I went to Sainsbury's today, and spent approximately £10 on a weekly shop. This is average for me. I don't eat a huge amount, and I do eat out a few times a week at restaurants, so don't often cook that much during the week.

After writing a couple of letters this afternoon, I realised I was out of first class stamps, and as the weather is delightful, I popped down to the local Costcutter to purchase a book of 12 stamps. And two Covent Garden Soup cartons. And twelve cans of Coke. I ended up spending £10 at Costcutter, thus, in one fell swoop (what is a fell swoop? Answers on a postcard.) I ended up doubling my weekly shopping bill.

OK, OK, £20 is less than I'd normally spend on a restaurant bill, but I didn't really need 12 cans of Coke, and my freezer is already full of homemade soup which I make every so often when some sort of strange (and otherwise unknown) nesting instinct kicks in.

So, I am a BOGOF slag. And for that, I can only apologise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

;)
Your "homemade" soup is missing one vital ingredient...the hyphen!