About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Have I got snooze for you

I have just woken up from a mid-afternoon nap. It was one of the most perfect naps I have ever had, and all the more so because it was unplanned. Unplanned napping is my favourite sort of napping.

This afternoon was going to be about reading the novel for the next book club - Lark Rise to Candleford. Apparently I was named after the heroine in the novel, but I've haven't actually previously read it. When I mentioned this to my dad recently, he said, "I didn't know you were named after that novel. I wouldn't have let your mum name you if I knew she was going to name you after some chick lit shit."

Anyway, I digress. I have two white, fluffy floor cushions, as my living room floor is wood, so I put them together in the afternoon sunshine that comes through my west-facing windows, and I laid across them to read my book. I lasted less than one paragraph before the napping urge came upon me.

Bathed in dilute April sunlight, encased by puffy white cushions, I napped like the happiest cat in the world.

Then I woke up and realised that I still have to do the washing up.

No comments: