About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Not a leg to stand on

So I work in a basement all day long. This is a relatively new development and whilst not happy about it, there's not a lot I can do.

The basement has no natural light, and this week has been glorious. May's my favourite month, so it sucks not to see the sunlight through the window.

"Never mind," thought I. "For it is a Bank Holiday weekend. I shall dawdle upon the grass, reading my boring book for Book Club and soak up my vitamin D requirements." Not so. It's freezing outside, and looks like it will tip it down any moment.

I shall have to read my boring book indoors.

On hearing about the fire incident earlier this week, Mrs Nunn said, "Was your neighbour abusive to you?"

"Well, a bit," I said. "I think he was just shocked."

"Are you worried about him coming up and harassing you?" she asked.

Once I reminded her that he only had one leg and was confined to a wheelchair, Mrs Nunn finally realised that all I had to do to be safe was to go up the stairs. He is like a Dalek in his ineffectiveness. The old Daleks that is, not the new flying ones. I hope.

However, if you do see an 80 year-old man with one leg levitating in a wheelchair, could you please check to see if he has singed eyebrows? If he does, let me know. Ta.

No comments: