About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

The wasp man cometh

Tower Hamlets Council told me that the wasp man would be arriving between 12-5 p.m.

"Is there any way you could be more specific?" I asked nicely.

"No."

Luckily I was able to work from home this afternoon. I set a diary reminder to remind me to leave the office at 11.30. At 11.15 my mobile rang. It was my kitchen fitter.

First unusual opening line of the day:

"Laura - it's the kitchen fitter. I'm just going to put you on to the wasp man."

The wasp man was early. I belted back to Bethnal Green to show the wasp man where the wasps were. His opinion was a) it's too early for wasps' nests b) the window frame was too small for a wasps' nest and c) a bit of blu-tack should sort it out.

Excellent. Next up was the shower man. He looked at my shower and left. An hour or so later he called me. Cue second unusual opening line of the day:

"Laura, did I leave my electronic tape measure on your toilet?"

I quipped, "People are always asking me that." He didn't laugh. Anyway, he had indeed left his electronic tape measure on my toilet. So it's mine now.

Small trauma over kitchen tiles at the moment. Will keep you posted.

No comments: