About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, May 28, 2007

Tea-total

Age has descended on me, like a flock of crows perching at the corners of my eyes.

How do I know this for sure? Well, I went to Sainsbury's earlier and when I returned, these were my thoughts:

- "Oooh, I am parched."

- "Eeh, I could murder a cup of tea."

And I did. I have often desired a cup of tea before. Very often I have enjoyed a cup of tea. But never before, with so much gusto, have I actually murdered a cup of tea. I think the accidental usage of regional accents might also relate to age.

I think I might be turning into Mrs Nunn, who (and this is true) now makes herself two cups of tea in one go, and drinks one straight after the other. And has even been known to start the kettle boiling again before she's at the end of her second cup.

Having said that, Mrs Nunn's tea is weaker than some water that's been diluted with more water, whereas mine is strong enough to trot a mouse on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of being desperate for a cuppa. But the taste of tea makes me feel sick. I try a cup every few months or so to see if anything has changed, but nothing yet.

I just don't feel properly English without liking tea.

Laura said...

That's because you're Russian. We all know that.

L x

Anonymous said...

That makes me Russian too - I never drink tea, it's disgusting!

Erica's Mum x

Laura said...

Erica's mum, of course you're Russian. Erica couldn't be Russian if you weren't, could she?

That's like me giving birth to a Chinese baby. Just wouldn't happen. Mostly because immaculate conception is unlikely, but you take my point.

;o)

L x

Unknown said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!